Talk

Advanced search

chicken casserole

(9 Posts)
ali23 Wed 10-Sep-08 11:06:20

Anyone have any tasty casserole recipes with chicken? I am very slow when it comes to inspiration in the kitchen!

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Sep-08 11:08:36

what kind of chicken casserole?

I have a nice tomato, onion, pepper garlic and olive one?

or more of an english carrot swede potato one

or moroccan tagine one

or hunter's chicken

or chicken paprika

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Sep-08 11:12:14

Basically, I brown all the chicken peices in a little oil (use differne toils depending on what I'm making) in the casserole pot on a hob.

Then remove chicken peices, add chopped onion and garlic to the pot, sautee until transparant, add a few tablespoons flour, salt, pepper, any other flavourings I'm using, put chiken back in pot, stir all around, add all other ingredients, add lots of stock, put lid on and bake in oven until cooked.

ali23 Wed 10-Sep-08 11:15:40

Thanks! I amn't fussy and your ideas sound great. I'm going to try one tonight. I am just so unadventurous and uneducated when it comes to culinary life skills!

ali23 Wed 10-Sep-08 11:16:48

I'm gonna do tin tomats with peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Mmmmm..

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Sep-08 11:20:49

mmmmm sounds good! That's hunter's chicken by the way!grin

Add half a cup of white wine if you have any, plus a bay leaf, some thyme and some margoram (again, if you have any).

Remove the lid for last 20 minutes to let the juices reduce and thicken a bit.

ali23 Wed 10-Sep-08 11:37:05

Don't have margoram - is it a herb?
Oh, and how long should the casserole be in the oven for?

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Sep-08 11:46:53

yep marjoram's a herb but not necessary for this, you'll get plenty of flavour from the veg!

Bake it for 45mins to an hour until the chicken is cooked and tender.

marmite12 Sat 13-Sep-08 13:13:56

Hi. I have lost my Karmel recipe book sad and am trying to find the recipe for chicken casserole with sweet potato and carrots. It was my daughters favourite and she is hankering for it again. Has anyone got this? I would be so grateful......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now