Talk

Advanced search

Can you make a water jelly using ... water and gelatine???

(17 Posts)
Wills Tue 09-Sep-08 22:06:03

and if you can't why not? Before you wonder why the heck I want solid water (not the frozen kind) I tried to make a fruit jelly tonight and it failed dramatically. I'm just curious as to what is the essential component needed to mix with gelatine to make a jelly like thingy!

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 22:07:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fourlittlefeet Tue 09-Sep-08 22:08:14

yes you can. you either didn't put enough in or didn't leave it long enough!

Goober Tue 09-Sep-08 22:08:24

Yes.

fourlittlefeet Tue 09-Sep-08 22:08:39

good point LL

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 22:09:20

moondog Tue 09-Sep-08 22:09:41

I'm a speech nad lang. therapist and we have all sorts of thickeners to add to drinks for peopel with poor swallows. Seeing a semi solid cup of tea is something never to be forgotten!

fourlittlefeet Tue 09-Sep-08 22:11:42

thats just reminded me of my friends husband who was trying to persuade me that newborn nappies weren't frightening and were just like half a cup of cold tea. now I know who's tea he was talking about

Wills Tue 09-Sep-08 22:12:13

Oh ugh moondog!

Wills Tue 09-Sep-08 22:13:54

I'm using a blackcurrant powdered tea that you add to water. I tried adding it cold and the gelatine powder coagulated (hey I can remember olevel like words!!!) into a lump and I wondered why.

fourlittlefeet Tue 09-Sep-08 22:17:22

is the powder you've got meant to be added to cold or hot liquids? should you have whisked while adding?

..and why are you solidifying blackcurrant tea hmm?

Wills Tue 09-Sep-08 22:31:24

It doesn't have a lot of instructions. The problem here is to do with my newish business. i've bought a franchise and without going seriously "off thread" basically the mousse making powder doesn't stipulate hot or cold. I've added to milkshakes that were cold and it worked brilliantly and my clients were over the moon. So now I'm trying desperately to come up with some more ideas and thought that a fruit tea mix would be low calories and very appealing. (sorry but that has probably simply made you wonder even more what the heck I'm doing). In a nutshell I'm trying to help people to loose weight and even more importantly stay thin AND healthy for life. Its a real passion of mine.

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 22:33:42

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 22:34:42

readyfornum2 Wed 10-Sep-08 07:00:23

Are you a cambridge counsellor by any chance? (or lighterlife)
If so you can make a jelly with the mix a mousse which is really yummy!

To make it you need 500ml of very cold water (at least half an hour in the fridge) then mix 1 teaspoon of water flavouring with 1 scoop of mix a mousse in a pot, add to the water and whisk really well (hand blender is best)
Tip into a container (will be cloudy) and then set in the fridge (best left overnight)

If you whisk it really well you will get a foamy white top which tastes fab smile

If you are a counsellor I can give you plenty of other recipes that your clients can use to vary the diet and make it easier (I have lost 7stone in 6 months on cambridge)

and the jelly can be eaten every day on ss aslong as they only have 1 portion of mix a mousse a day (ie no mousse and jelly on the same day)

Wills Wed 10-Sep-08 10:02:43

I'm more a consultant - I'm a W8 Consultant (sorry but I've never liked the idea of completely giving up food etc). Well done on your weight loss though. How much more do you want to lose or are you there?

readyfornum2 Wed 10-Sep-08 21:51:41

Yeah I have finished loosing the weight now and have moved on to the stabilasation so I can maintain it.
I have heard quite a bit about w8 recently so I hope the business takes off well for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now