Talk

Advanced search

Lidl flour - is it as good as the big name brands.

(8 Posts)
Concepta Tue 09-Sep-08 20:29:03

Going to Lidl tomorrow to get some groceries. I have never used their flour and need some. Is it as good a quality as the well known brands. My sister thinks it's not as good. Anyone with any experience of it - your thoughts would be appreciated.

costalepew Tue 09-Sep-08 20:46:23

I've used it and found it to be fine.

mum2ds1 Tue 09-Sep-08 21:10:55

i very rarely buy branded flour anymore
i normally buy shops own
if in asda i buy asda flour but not smart price same as tesco morrisons etc.
i never have a problem
i havent used lidls normal flour but i do buy regulary their bread flour and i have never had a problem with it
i would give it a go and see for yourself.
smile

peasholme Tue 09-Sep-08 21:12:34

Agree that their bread flour is very good. Don't forget the buckets of greek yoghurt for £1.85 while you're there! grin

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Sep-08 15:39:28

flour is flour is flour

It doesn't matter what packaging it has on it hmm

You scared of smart price stuff mum2ds1? It doesn't bite you know.

mum2ds1 Thu 11-Sep-08 10:56:47

no im not scared of the smart price stuff i just find the other flour to give a better cake imo and they dont do wholemealsad i do use other smart price products though wink

Concepta Thu 11-Sep-08 18:58:47

Went to Lidl but all they had was bread mix. However, I will buy the Tesco brand when I next visit. Thanks everyone.

2loudboys Thu 11-Sep-08 21:50:59

If you go to Lidl, stock up on the extremely cheap Parmigiano cheese. Absolutely every bit as good as the outrageously priced other supermarket ones (and you can freeze it and grate it from frozen wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now