Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast on the go 3 and 1yr old?

(10 Posts)
Naboo Tue 09-Sep-08 16:52:56

What can i give my 3 yr old and 1 yr old for brekkie, whilst on the go, at the airport?

I don't think we're going to have time to feed normally before or at the airport. (Don't want to wake them even earlier than have too, as it will disrupt them enough as is).

Any suggestions? Can't depend on what will be given on the plane.

Anyone got any ideas?

LucyJones Tue 09-Sep-08 16:53:55

sandwich
banana
cereal bar

Seeline Tue 09-Sep-08 16:55:30

Cereal/fruit bars
banana
packet of raisins etc
or go for the fun approach and have some wacky sandwiches for a treat - banana, peanut butter and jam etc

Chaotica Tue 09-Sep-08 17:03:37

Don't know where you're flying from, but a word of warning if you're flying from the UK: eat all spreads/yogurts/soft cheese etc before you go through security (to the best of my knowledge, our yogurt, boursin sandwiches and houmous have been subjected to a controlled explosion by now hmm grin - or maybe I just look dodgy.)

I didn't mind but we struggled to find something for a veggie picnic on the other side). And I'd been so careful not to take any knives etc with us.

ChopsTheDuck Tue 09-Sep-08 17:05:41

cereal bars and fruit
croissants with cheese and ham
milk brioche rolls with jam
Pan au chocolate/creme/almond

I usually pack a fair bit, a little feast on the plane passes time.

MrsMattie Tue 09-Sep-08 17:08:59

Croissant, fruit, yoghurt, cereal bars, cheese sarnies - usually our staples

Naboo Tue 09-Sep-08 22:03:52

Brill. Thanks all. I'll be careful not to get my bananas blown up Chaotica!

Tinkjon Thu 11-Sep-08 06:58:05

Eggy bread. It's still nice cold, honest! my two have often had this as lunch on the run...

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 11-Sep-08 07:01:05

cereal bars
home made flapjacks
yoghurts/yoghurt drinks
fruit
sarnies <sausage and egg mayo with buts of crispy bacon is lovely>
dried fruit
build up milk shakes <complan>

FourArms Thu 11-Sep-08 07:08:06

I've had very differing trips since the liquids ban, and have taken through lots of things which others have said were banned. I've not had any problems with drinks in baby cups or bottles, so take lots of juice in any sort of junior cup and it should be OK. Saves lots of money on the plane (I drink those too!). I usually half freeze the fluid, then add more in the morning, so it's still cold on the plane.

I usually take cereal and milk in sep. containers, and mix when they want to eat. If the milk is in a baby bottle, it should go through security OK. As we take car seats our two are often found sat on luggage trolleys (I know this isn't 'allowed'!) in their car seats eating their breakfast in the check-in queue. Cue lots of aahhs and jealous looks from parents with screaming kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now