Talk

Advanced search

totally forgot about ds cooking....

(10 Posts)
Idobelieveinfairies Tue 09-Sep-08 16:01:30

he has to make a starter for tomorrows cookery lesson...

hes at the shop buying 2 melons...i have a packet of frozen rasp/black/other berries he can use.

He is gonna need some sort of sauce for decoration..i was thinking he could blend some of the berries but what does he use to thicken it up??? will it need thickening????

and then a dusting of icing sugar.....

would that be ok??..its not a gcse thing or anything wink

ComeOVeneer Tue 09-Sep-08 16:03:05

Can he get some parma ham with the melons? Not sure I would consider berries, melon and icing sugar a starter.

hopefully Tue 09-Sep-08 16:05:20

Agree with having ham or something with the melons if possible, or maybe a couple of asparagus spears or something, just to make it clear it's savoury.

Berries shouldn't need thickening once blended, but if they do you could just reduce the juice over a low heat for a few minutes? If he wants to really show off, he could seive the seeds out and then thicken a bit...

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 09-Sep-08 16:05:29

oh god course it isn't what a whit-nit..parma ham-what the flip does he do with that then??

hmm

fairies thinks back in the days when she used to go out and have a meal.....

ComeOVeneer Tue 09-Sep-08 16:19:38

Nothing needs doing really, just nice presentation. I do a bed of rocket with melon balls and then artistically drape the slices of melon. grin

ComeOVeneer Tue 09-Sep-08 16:20:37

Like this

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 09-Sep-08 16:32:31

ok that seems simple enough-should we stick
to he one type of melon do you think or two for colour??

smile

ComeOVeneer Tue 09-Sep-08 16:42:11

Actually that picture looks rather nice with nectarine slices and feta cheese too.

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 09-Sep-08 16:46:04

do you think...nectarines it is then...

Thank-you smile

ComeOVeneer Wed 10-Sep-08 09:36:04

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now