Talk

Advanced search

risotto for kids - need inspiration!

(8 Posts)
mabel1973 Tue 09-Sep-08 15:37:51

I have decided to make risotto tonight for my DS's (3.5 and 2), however I haven't made it for them since DS1 was about 18 months old, so not sure if they will like it. it's a lot of effort for them to turn their noses up at it
Any ideas of what to put in?
TIA

Overmydeadbody Tue 09-Sep-08 15:41:35

It doesn't have to be a lot of effort though.

Chicken and butternut squash with garlic is a very delicious combination.

Anyway, the good thing about risotto is that if your kids don't eat it there's more left over for you!grin

Do they like rice generally? If they do there's no reason why they won't like it.

If you want a hassle free version, add all the ingredients and lots and lots of stock to a big casserole dish and just bake it in the oven, with the lid on, for about 45 minutes. \i do this when I don't have time to stand around stirring etc.

mabel1973 Tue 09-Sep-08 15:57:35

Thanks - yes they like things like egg fried rice with veg in.

I like the sound of chucking it all in the casserole!
Managed to find some leeks and an overgrown courgette so I'm roasting those in the oven. I don't have any chicken defrosted, but maybe could do bacon...that might work.

OliverClothesOff Tue 09-Sep-08 15:59:51

search for bacon risotto bake under my name

should come up

I am off home now or I would do it for you!

OliverClothesOff Tue 09-Sep-08 16:00:07

thats under Oliveoil as name btw

mabel1973 Tue 09-Sep-08 16:07:17

will do grin

mabel1973 Tue 09-Sep-08 16:19:37

couldn't find it....however did make the effort to get off my arse and look in my cookery books and found a baked butternut squash one in Tana Ramsey's book.
Along the same lines as yours OMDB stick it all in a pot and put your feet up for half an hour hmm

OliverClothesOff Tue 09-Sep-08 20:58:03

voila, quite a few on this thread too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now