Talk

Advanced search

chicken breast recipe - quick!!!

(16 Posts)
lisalisa Tue 09-Sep-08 14:52:37

Have bought some chicken breasts and run out of recipe ideas - no curry as kids are sick of it. any othe rideas? Please ......

Need tpo start cooking for tonight soon .....

Thanks in advance

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 15:13:48

We steam them with olive oil and herbs/garlic/chilli then put under grill with some feta cheese - like an easy, low fat version of chicken kiev.

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 15:21:01

A couple of ideas here - mine is the cherry toms & bacon one but of course you do need the cherry toms & bacon to make it wink

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 15:25:13

Wendy - I have tomatoes and bacon, but skinless deboned breasts. Can I do it anyway? Looks delicious.

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 15:54:59

Oh, yes, you can, you just don't get the crispy skin! If you put the bacon on top of the chicken instead of the toms it'll stop the chicken drying out & otherwise should be exactly the same, it's lush!

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:08:06

Brilliant, thanks. I might try that - I've been getting a bit bored of the steamed/grilled thing - tasty, delicious and easy, but anything get's tiring.

And we happen to have some absolutely delicious bacon from the farmers market, and ditto some lovely fresh tomatoes that I need to use up before the expensive farmers market tomatoes become expensive farmers market rotten tomatoes.

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:08:42

do I still need to bake it for a full hour?

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 16:12:09

Ah, hmm, I am a very vague sort of cook really - I do it for about an hour, but that's from cold in a fan oven with the inside glass out of place (my kitchen is an utter shambles blush) so if you have a proper oven & pre-heat then probably a shorter time would do, or you could do it in a cooler oven. It is always lovely & juicy though smile

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:13:37

Thanks. We were going with my old version tonight, I just changed the menu! grin. DP is currently having ridiculous food crisis, so I might be doing it for 1, not 2, but that's okay for me! wink

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:16:52

I do love anything with roasted tomatoes really, so am looking forward to this.

Sorry Lisalisa - I hijacked!

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 16:21:48

I love cooked toms too - roasted or fried. Hope you enjoy it, bling - sounds as if it'll be especially good with the farmers market ingredients! smile

ComeOVeneer Tue 09-Sep-08 16:23:44

I love them with a generous smear of freshly made pesto, a sprig of rosemary and then wrapped in parma ham and baked for 20-25 mins.

lisalisa Wed 10-Sep-08 16:35:29

Oooh thank you eveyrone - all arrived a bit late for yesterday so just dunked them in mild mango chutney - it is v mild but had complaints that they were too spicy so going to work my way through these lovely reicpes in next few weeks.....htanks eveyrone

lisalisa Wed 10-Sep-08 16:37:00

Hmmm yes blinglovin you did rather!!! I just saw quite a lot of responses - thought i'd better post a thank you since I appeared not to come back to thread and then saw they were all about you, bacon and farm'ers makret tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never mind - hope yo uenjoyed your supper!

BlingLovin Wed 10-Sep-08 22:32:49

blush after all that - we didn't do the cool wendy version. Too boring complicated to explain but am saving it for another day - DP bought so many chicken breasts I had to pop them in the freezer for later.

Lisalisa I'm hoping you're forgiving me based on my selfless clarification efforts on our behalf?!? <hopeful emoticon> grin

lisalisa Thu 11-Sep-08 11:31:31

Forgivensmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now