Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alpro chocolate soya milk

(4 Posts)
sophy Tue 22-Feb-05 19:40:43

DS1 (6) and DS2 (3) flatly refuse to drink ordinary milk, which has always worried me. Got a free sample of the alpro chocolate stuff today which I tried on them and they loved it. Question is how healthy is it? Obviously has a lot of sugar in it, but apart from that would it be OK for them to have on a regular basis? We are normally a fairly organic household. Interested to know what other Mumsnetters think.

morningpaper Tue 22-Feb-05 19:47:12

I wonder these questions myself. For ages dd (2 years) wouldn't drink any milk apart from this Alpro choc stuff. And it IS very lovely! I'm not sure whether the chloesterol-lowering qualities make it bad for kids. I'd be interested in what others think too!

motherinferior Tue 22-Feb-05 19:50:23

Mine won't drink milk but I confess it doesn't worry me.

Am personally not partial to soya (it irritates my IBS) and would be vaguely worried about GM soya, but wouldn't worry too much.

Not Worrying appears to be my mothering style

DecafArabica Wed 23-Feb-05 00:04:04

DS (3y 10m), who hates cows' milk unless it is in a mug of hot chocolate, loves Alpro choc milk and has it on his cereal in the morning. I do worry about the sugar in it but dentist said it was OK as part of a meal. His main milk is rice milk, though, which isn't so sugary. Have you tred that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now