Talk

Advanced search

Organic milk

(9 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Tue 09-Sep-08 10:11:33

If you buy organic milk, how long do you find it is good for once you have opened it?

GreatGooglyMoogly Tue 09-Sep-08 14:13:17

anybody?

It's just that DH thinks it smells off after 2 days but it is definitely cold so it isn't the fridge.

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 14:21:28

is he like my DP? Paranoid? grin

Organic milk should last as long as regular as far as I'm aware, the only difference between it and regular milk is that it comes from cows that are fed organically etc etc so you're not drinking milk from cows that have been pumped full of drugs etc. It's still pasteurised (sp?) etc.

Gobbledigook Tue 09-Sep-08 14:22:46

Mine lasts as long as any other milk. Certainly more than 2 days!

hopefully Tue 09-Sep-08 16:07:00

I find organic milk tends to last only until the best before date/consumer within x number of days instruction, whereas ordinary milk seems to go on another day or two. But I rarely have non-organic milk, so i might be imagining it!

MrsMattie Tue 09-Sep-08 16:08:59

I haven't noticed a a difference in shelf life since I started using organic milk. And I am very fussy about milk. If it smells even vaguely weird I bin it <nightmares of the milk they used to give us at school...warm, curdled, minging...urgh>

hanaflower Tue 09-Sep-08 16:10:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ladytophamhatt Tue 09-Sep-08 16:12:44

Bloody hell, I wish it lasted long enough to find out!

we get through soooo much milk, it never gets anywhere near it sell by date.

LynetteScavo Tue 09-Sep-08 16:12:46

As long as other milk.

WE stopped getting organic from the milkman, because it was pretty much off when it was delivered.

My DH complains that organic bread goes off quicker -we have the sane argument over and aver about preservatives in non organic bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now