Talk

Advanced search

Looking for some inspiration . . .

(8 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 08-Sep-08 20:37:25

what's on your shopping list this week

Am on a tight budget (£20, my choice, not because it actually is that tight this time but I would like to go out on Saturday with oh & spend some money). Have lots of basic stuff in, just wondered if I'm missing out on something . . . hmm

notnowbernard Mon 08-Sep-08 20:39:56

That IS a budget!

£20 wouldn't go that far for me

Are you after meal ideas?

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Sep-08 20:45:46

lentils
chick peas
tinned tomatoes
baking potatoes
baked beans
rice
garlic
veg

lucysmam Mon 08-Sep-08 20:58:28

notnowbernard, nope, just curious really. I can do it no trouble, did a fortnight on £34 last week & am doing a week on friday so thought £20 would be plenty.

Unless of course you have some meal ideas, in which case I'm open to ideas if they're something new and interesting!

thisisyesterday, I've got tinned toms, beans and spuds down. don't need anything like that this time really. Apart from lentils but will nip to asian foodstore for them since its a bigger bag for less money

notnowbernard Mon 08-Sep-08 21:21:36

LM, that is some fine budgeting you have going on there envy

CissyCharlton Mon 08-Sep-08 21:25:32

Buy cheap cuts of meat like shin and cook slowly for as long as possible. To save fuel costs bake cakes etc while the meat is cooking.

lucysmam Tue 09-Sep-08 09:36:00

what other cheap cuts of meat are there out there that I've never thought of buying?

notnowbernard, I don't always do it out of necessity, it's just nice to have something left at the end of the week if MIL is having lo for us on a Saturday so we can eat out or go for a wander around the shops in town for a few hours without worrying that we'll not have enough for food shopping afterwards!

lucysmam Tue 09-Sep-08 15:48:46

does no-one have a shopping list this week then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now