Talk

Advanced search

So Ive defrosted some fillet steak and its greyish brown rather than red....

(11 Posts)
Turniphead1 Mon 08-Sep-08 19:23:42

...is it OK. It smells OK (ie not really pongy, just meaty...I think).

Its only from July but I think I only froze it on the day of its BBefore rather than date of purchase...

Am pg also. Am going to chop it and sear it and cook through for stir fry so will be thoroughly cooked?

So, will I be able to watch the US final in the end up because I will be on the loo all night??

TheArmadillo Mon 08-Sep-08 19:25:41

beef always does that to me when defrosted, cept big joints (the inside of them tend to be normal).

Is fine and normal.

FAQ Mon 08-Sep-08 19:27:40

Beef I often go on smell rather than look - you'll soon know if it's gone off when you open the pack grin

Turniphead1 Mon 08-Sep-08 19:36:22

Smells fine being cooked. Would it smell yukky if it was off?

Thanks for the responses.

FAQ Mon 08-Sep-08 19:37:19

oh yes - as soon as you opened the packet you'd smell it - doesn't take long for beef to smell rank (ime)

GordonTheGopher Mon 08-Sep-08 19:38:24

What time is the tennis? And on what channel?

Sorry not useful to op's original question!

FAQ Mon 08-Sep-08 19:39:18

probably Sky sports - think they're due to start around 10 tonight

GordonTheGopher Mon 08-Sep-08 19:40:58

Oops sorry turnip didn't click it was you <<waves>>.

Thanks FAQ but that's way past my bedtime!

Turniphead1 Mon 08-Sep-08 19:48:12

Hey Gordon my lovely chum! I know - tennis is far too late....damn. Hey, have you got some good news!!?? Big congrats! What number will this little one be?

GordonTheGopher Mon 08-Sep-08 19:50:34

Well sounds like you've got good news too! (unless I'm being dim and am supposed to know already lol).

Only just found out so due May. Number 2!

Turniphead1 Mon 08-Sep-08 19:59:03

Lovely! bit further along, no.3 due Christmas Eve...Best of luck re pg and m/s etc etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now