Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pizza dough

(11 Posts)
brightwell Mon 08-Sep-08 09:30:51

If I start a batch now, will it be alright left in the bread maker all day?

can you set your breadmaker to start later on in the day?

snorris Mon 08-Sep-08 09:34:13

Do you mean mixed up and left or the ingredients put in and a delay timer set? I don't know about the first option but I've set my breadmaker to have it ready when I need it and it's been fine. As long as the yeast is away from the water.

AbbaFan Mon 08-Sep-08 09:40:59

No I don't think it will be ok all day.

Definitely set it, if you can.

brightwell Mon 08-Sep-08 09:41:24

I was going to start it now.....I've never used the delay timer, and having just got home from night's can't be bothered to work it out. I suppose I ought to, I've had the machine 5 years. I don't know if it'll be alright if I start it now so it's ready for later today, having spent the day sitting in the machine.

snorris Mon 08-Sep-08 10:18:52

A quicker pizza base can be made with a scone mixture. I use 175g self-raising flour,1/2 tsp salt,30g butter & 120ml milk. I make it by hand but I suppose it could be done in a food processor. That would be ok made in advance & left in the fridge. Just roll it out,add your toppings and cook . Cook for about 15 mins at 220 c. Another recipe here.

Holymoly321 Mon 08-Sep-08 10:25:22

snorris - can you freeze that recipe? If I made a batch of mini pizzas up for DS with the toppings and everthing, could I then freeze then and then bung them straight in the oven when needed?

snorris Mon 08-Sep-08 17:05:33

I don't know tbh blush. Can scone dough be frozen? I know once it's cooked you can freeze it.

brightwell Mon 08-Sep-08 17:48:00

I risked it....so far so good.

brightwell Mon 08-Sep-08 18:53:18

It was fine.

Overmydeadbody Mon 08-Sep-08 18:57:07

If you want to freeze scone dough, your best bet is to cook it up first, then freeze, then when you want to use them, put the toppings on and heat through in the oven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now