Talk

Advanced search

Can I reheat my chicken pie or will I poison myself?

(4 Posts)
chutneymary Sun 07-Sep-08 19:59:04

I did a roast chicken on Friday night and DH made a delicious chicken pie with the leftovers last night. There is now half a chicken pie left which we are going to eat for supper tonight. Can I reheat it again (so the chicken will be in the oven for a third time) or should we eat it cold (or worse still not at all!)?

I am 27w pg and really don't want a dodgy tum, but am quite craving the leftover pie. Any advice gratefully received smile.

Many thanks.

Goober Sun 07-Sep-08 20:01:57

It will be fine. Tis pork you need to be wary of.

Seona1973 Sun 07-Sep-08 20:06:08

strictly speaking you shouldn't as you arent supposed to reheat something that is already cooked more than once. I am sure if you heat it till it is mega hot you should be ok though.

Skramble Mon 08-Sep-08 22:43:07

This reminded me of my Great Gran, when going a bit senile she used to buy a chicken or mince pie and heat it in the tin foil dish on the pilot light of the gas cooker, then eat a quarter, then heat it again next day and eat the next quarter. Argh would be heated 4 times, but she was a fit wee old lady grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now