Talk

Advanced search

Just for twiglett .............................

(5 Posts)
woodpops Tue 22-Feb-05 08:24:52

Lemon Meringue pudding

4 large egg whites
8oz caster sugar
2tsp cornflour
pinch of salt
¼ tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp vinegar

4 egg yolks
4oz caster sugar
Juice and rind of 1 lemon

8 fluid oz double cream

mix the egg whites and salt until soft peaks are formed. Gradually add sugar and cornflour. When glossy add vanilla essence and vinegar. Line 2 baking trays with backing parchment and mark with two 8 inch circles. Pile the meringue mixture into the circles and bake on 150° for 45 minutes. Leave to cool.

Mix 4 egg yolks, 4oz caster sugar and lemon juice and rind. Put into the microwave and blast in 10 second spurts until it resembles baby food. (it'll thicken up as it cools). If you don't have a microwave this can be done in a pan on the hob but it takes ages. Leave to cool totally.

Whip the double cream until very thick. Mix the cream and lemon mixture and sandwich between the 2 meringues. Enjoy, yummy, yummy

This can be made well in advance and frozen. It freezes really well

Twiglett Tue 22-Feb-05 09:59:17

YIPPEE >>>> HURRAH >>>>>> THANK YOU WOODPOPS

woodpops Tue 22-Feb-05 10:05:52

That's quite alright. Let me know when you've made it and what you think to it. DH adores it and he's not really a pudding person!!!!

JoolsToo Tue 22-Feb-05 10:06:44

twigs - did you ever do lasagne with cream?

just interested!

Twiglett Tue 22-Feb-05 11:25:57

don't think that was me Jools

(I do my lasagne with white cheesy sauce .. which reminds me need to start a thread on bechamel BRB)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now