Talk

Advanced search

Salmon recipes needed,please

(6 Posts)
FanjolinaJolly Sat 06-Sep-08 22:22:19

Bought some salmon fillets today and want to do something more interesting than fishcakes,or bung in oven with lime juice and coriander,my usual boring recipes!!

Can anyone inspire me,Thanks.

RubySlippers Sun 07-Sep-08 12:13:35

teriyaki is nice

or marinade in honey and soy and grill

serve on noodles with pak choi

boogeek Sun 07-Sep-08 12:22:04

Nigella has a recipe for salmon in "den miso" - you need to track down some white miso paste then cook it gently with sake and sugar (150 g miso/2 tbsp sugar/2 tbsp sake/2 tbsp mirin but you could easily miss that out) for about 20 minutes until it goes brown, let cool, then marinate the salmon in the paste for 24-48 hours. Then griddle. I know it sounds a faff but it is absolutely the best salmon recipe I have ever eaten!

I made Salmon and Leek lasagna on friday night, very yummy. Just cook the salmon and soften the leeks. Layer them with white sauce and lasgana sheets. Bung in oven for 20 mins or so

Have just found a recipe I want to try that uses salmon fillet on a square of puff pastry. Aspagagus on top of fillet and then 2 corners of pastry joined together over the top.

ComeOVeneer Sun 07-Sep-08 17:43:13

Top with a paremesean and herb crust and bake in oven.

tazmosis Mon 08-Sep-08 20:27:13

Put a thick layer of sundried tomato pesto on the top and then grill until it goes quite dark - its delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now