Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

roast beef and leftovers

(5 Posts)
bumposaurus Sat 06-Sep-08 19:14:36

I have a huge piece of beef (3 and a half pounds and its just me the and three DS's)to roast tomorrow and we will never eat it all - am I best to cut it in half, freeze and save for net week, or to roast the lot and do something with the leftovers, and if so, what? Sorry for being so clueless

fryalot Sat 06-Sep-08 19:17:02

well, if you fancy another roast beef, then you can quite easily freeze it, it will freeze okay and you just need to pull it out of the freezer the day before you want to cook it. You could even cook it from frozen if you needed to.

If you wanted to do something with the leftovers, your choices are HUGE...

Beef and onion pie
Beef casserole
Lasagne
Beoef Bourgignon
Beef stroganoff.

Basically anything you can think of with beef in it can be made with leftover beef.

DoNotAnnoy Sat 06-Sep-08 19:22:52

I would be torn.

i always think a bigger joint of beef roasts better than a smaller joint personally - so for that reason I would roast it all.

OTOH I don't really liek dishes that use pre-cooked beef. I would rather use a fresh cut IYSWIM.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 06-Sep-08 19:24:22

Fantastic in curry - cook it slowly and it will be really tender

bumposaurus Sat 06-Sep-08 19:55:39

If I roast it all and use the leftovers to make some ind of casserole or curry, do use them as if they were fresh beef? (Really am clueless)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now