Talk

Advanced search

Need ideas for tidy lunches please!

(6 Posts)
charchargabor Thu 04-Sep-08 14:38:01

DD has decided she likes to eat lunch in the living room rather than in her highchair. I think it's because she's started walking, so wants to be free to move around. In the highchair, she eats nothing! So I need ideas for healthy balanced lunches that won't wreck my carpet please! She won't eat bread. Atm I'm giving her a bit of cheese and fruit usually, but aren't they supposed to have 3 portions of carbs a day? TIA! smile

DaphneMoon Thu 04-Sep-08 14:53:15

Have you tried wraps or pitta bread.

Overmydeadbody Thu 04-Sep-08 14:55:26

pitta bread?

oat cakes?

crackers?

bread sticks?

finger food is what you want. How about drop scones? Pumpernickel? bagels?

Sausage rolls? <ducks>

singyswife Thu 04-Sep-08 14:59:13

Breadsticks is a good one, and cubes of cheese too. How about plain boiled pasta?? My kids love that, used to take it on picnics too. Ham/turkey/chicken on it's own. Cant you just persevere with the high chair and save yourself the hassell???????

jesuswhatnext Thu 04-Sep-08 15:34:35

sorry, stick to guns, table manners are learnt now! walking about with food is not on in my book.

charchargabor Thu 04-Sep-08 15:43:38

I actually don't mind her walking around with food. I don't always eat at the table, so I don't expect her to. She's only 13 months, and I'd rather her be relaxed about food than make it a big battle to persuade her to eat. I am sure it's just a phase, and she won't mind as much when she's used to being able to walk. She's in her highchair for breakfast and tea, although she eats very little then, so I don't see that there is a problem. She has a lifetime to perfect her table manners. Thanks for the ideas, I will be using them for future lunches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now