Talk

Advanced search

So this Saturday I'm planning a Very Hungry Caterpillar Feast.......

(18 Posts)
treacletart Thu 04-Sep-08 12:30:46

One piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one piece of salami, swiss cheeese etc etc. Will this create a lasting rosy tinted memory for my 5yo DS or will it just be an expensive mess of tantrums, nutritional inbalance, and saturated fat?

suzywong Thu 04-Sep-08 12:33:38

I think you should set it out on the table, take a picture of it for the album and then just let go, see what happens and don't become emotionally involved. I know what 5 yr old little boys are like.

Best of luck

it's a very good idea. I think I'll do an Elephant and the Bad Baby one including the line up of cakes in the bakers. I'll be keeping the pork pie for myself.

treacletart Thu 04-Sep-08 12:36:53

oooh yes suzy! and a big pile of pancakes to finish!

suzywong Thu 04-Sep-08 12:40:41

rumpeta rumpeta rumpeta

lucysmam Thu 04-Sep-08 15:03:32

I'm curious, what's a 'very hungry caterpillar feast'?

treacletart Thu 04-Sep-08 17:18:36

Its going to be what the caterpiullar ate on Saturday...

one piece of choc cake,one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one cupcake and one slice of watermelon.

Twims Thu 04-Sep-08 17:21:19

Bet you're looking forward to the tummy ache on Sunday grin

Twims Thu 04-Sep-08 17:21:34

Bet you're looking forward to the tummy ache on Sunday grin

treacletart Thu 04-Sep-08 17:22:11

I'll have some nice green leaves ready! smile

meandmyjoe Fri 05-Sep-08 14:30:22

Sounds like a gorgeous idea! I love that book and (rather sadly!) have memorised all he ate everyday so I can tell the story to ds when I dress him for bed! Fab idea. I'd do all the days aswell though cos Saturday was the most unhealthy day of food! Cut up apples, pears, plums, strawberries and oranges so you can take pride in the healthy meal you have prepared!

treacletart Sat 06-Sep-08 10:16:13

I'm pmsl writing my shopping list for this. I'm so tempted to leave it behind in the trolley. If someone founded it and recognised it they'd have hysterics.grin

RustyBear Sat 06-Sep-08 10:28:07

If I'd known earlier I could have lent you this

Hope it goes well!

treacletart Sat 06-Sep-08 16:41:15

cherry pie and sausages are going in the oven!

Sazisi Sat 06-Sep-08 16:52:27

SUCH a good idea grin
I'm trying to think how to do a veggie version..

treacletart Sat 06-Sep-08 17:58:33

Well its all but finished and they're sitting in front of Shrek now. Dh and I reckoned we should do it in sequence but tbh the watermelon helped a lot as a palate cleanser inbetween all the sweet stuff. Really odd mix of foodstuffs, but ds seemed to really enjoy it! Might do it a again in a few years when dd's a bit older..

WilfSell Sat 06-Sep-08 18:00:57

has anyone puked yet? grin

Fantastic idea though!

treacletart Sat 06-Sep-08 18:04:26

pic on profile...

Christie Sat 06-Sep-08 18:19:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now