Talk

Advanced search

13 month old still vomiting

(3 Posts)
bumbly Wed 03-Sep-08 11:51:57

...was eating normal cut food, had meat banana etc then stuffed mouth with sliced untousted bread strips and kept putting more and more in

bread pasty so he vomited and then vomited everything else

is this common in other 13 month old kids?

still seems to have storng gag reflex esp after filling mouth

does that alot - does not know when to stop but pasty food then clogs him up and he vomits bad - all as is still a big reflux reaction

Niecie Wed 03-Sep-08 11:59:41

My DS used to do that with currant buns, which are untoasted bread so similar thing. It used to get gooey and I used to have to scrap it off the roof of his mouth with a finger, when he started to struggle. On one occasion he ended up retching so hard it made him sick, but frequently gagged on other occasion.

Difficult though - I ended up not giving DS currant buns until he was old enough not to stuff his mouth full. Didn't seem to happen with bread though but we don't usually have sliced bread which I find gets a bit stodgy in the mouth if by itself, even for me.

Anyway, to get to the point, I don't think it is that unusual. I know with BLW it is all about letting them feed themselves but perhaps, just for a while, you will have to limit how much is available to him until he learns not to stuff so much in.

bumbly Thu 04-Sep-08 20:58:29

thanks a least now know am not totally alone on this

thanks!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now