Talk

Advanced search

Lemon drizzle question...

(8 Posts)
misspollysdolly Tue 02-Sep-08 14:59:09

Making a lemon drizzle cake - yummy grin!

Have made my lemony sponges, have some lemony jelly stuff to sandwich them together with. Just wondering about the drizzle...!

Do you use neat lemon juice and icing sugar? Or a mixture of lemon juice, water and icing sugar?

Also do you skewer and drizzle lemon juice over the sponge pre-icing?

Haven't made a lemon drizzle cake before...though have eaten lots wink so know what I want it to come out like!!

Any pointers towards lemon drizzle perfection gratefully received! Ta ducks!

Lilymaid Tue 02-Sep-08 15:16:45

I mix lemon juice and icing sugar together, then let it warm slightly on top of the cooker so that the sugar dissolves. When the cake comes out of the oven I use a cake testing skewer (not a fat meat skewer) to make holes in the crust and pour over the icing very slowly so that as much of the icing as possible can be absorbed into the cake rather than run down the sides (I make my LDC in a loaf tin rather than as a tray bake).

littlestrawberry Tue 02-Sep-08 16:01:29

I use granulated sugar and lemon juice. First I skewer the top also with a cake tester and then spoon the mix of granulated sugar and lemon juice over. The granulated sugar gives it a slightly crunchy topping.

Mmm, might have to go and make one now....

stirlingmum Tue 02-Sep-08 16:39:38

I use caster sugar and lemon juice!

Same as littlestrawberry after that - this way also gives a crunchy topping!

nellieloula Wed 03-Sep-08 07:39:07

I do the same as lilymaid - very envious and craving lemon cake now!

lucysmam Wed 03-Sep-08 08:00:30

How do you make lemon drizzle cake? Sounds like something I would like smile

stirlingmum Wed 03-Sep-08 19:20:41

Here is the recipe, Lucysmam smile

lucysmam Wed 03-Sep-08 20:31:15

stirling, you're great!! thanks very much smile looking forward to baking tomorrow evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now