Talk

Advanced search

Lunchboxes - the actual boxes, not the contents - why can't I find a decent one?

(15 Posts)
TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Tue 02-Sep-08 13:26:44

Requirements are:

Mustn't be covered in Disney characters / fairies / princesses

Must have compartments for seperating different types of food (I like this one, but it's too big)

Not ludicrously expensive - I love the Sigg boxes, but £17.99 for a lunch box seems a bit bonkers

Can anyone help?

alarkaspree Tue 02-Sep-08 13:29:12

Woolworths do exactly what you're looking for for about 50p. Or did last time I looked.

Goober Tue 02-Sep-08 13:29:36

They are all the bags this year aren't they?
Unhygenic, can't be cleaned properly, then stink.
I got mine a standard Asda smartprice food container for £1.

jellyjelly Tue 02-Sep-08 13:30:33

Tesco had lots in thier back to school range.

jellyjelly Tue 02-Sep-08 13:30:49

Tesco had lots in thier back to school range.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Tue 02-Sep-08 13:33:19

Agree - hate those pongy bags.

BexieID Tue 02-Sep-08 13:35:35

£shop?

Tommy Tue 02-Sep-08 13:37:56

my DSs have the lunch cubes - they fit into their little lunch bags no problem. I think they are great - we haven't had to buy any food wrap since we got them

Aniyan Tue 02-Sep-08 13:38:41

Is it for a child?

Are you sure the Lakeland one's too big? Just asking, because it's the same one that my ds uses - all he has is a sandwich, fruit, piece of cheese / biscuit, and it fits perfectly into his standard-size squashy lunch bag (Transformers, unfortunately!), with room for a carton of juice/bottle of water next to it.

Ds has been well trained to put all his rubbish back in the box rather than loose in the bag - that way the bag doesn't get smelly & the box has survived a year of school lunches so it's pretty sturdy.

MinkyBorage Tue 02-Sep-08 13:48:48

These are amazing

Tommy Tue 02-Sep-08 14:04:59

wow - they are funky smile

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Tue 02-Sep-08 14:08:11

Ooh Minky, that is perfect. You are a lunchbox genius. grin

Have ordered.

Thanks all!

DrZeus Tue 02-Sep-08 22:23:45

Laptop lunchboxes are the best! DS1 uses one every day. You can be really creative with their lunches and it's just the right amount!
Enjoy!

murphyslaw Wed 03-Sep-08 09:22:48

Luvvv those lunch boxes - would they big enough for an adults lunch??????

MinkyBorage Wed 03-Sep-08 15:50:50

Great, glad you like them!!
I guess it dependshow you eat, if you like to have small amounts of a few things then I guess they's be good for an adult's lunch, but I tend to like a couple of rounds of sandwiches which it wouldn't fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now