Talk

Advanced search

Ready to roll icing?

(7 Posts)
charchargabor Tue 02-Sep-08 12:24:47

I'm making a cake for DSD's birthday today. I want to cover it in ready to roll icing, then put little circles in different colours on top, also made of icing. How do I get them to stick to the other icing? TIA

stillstanding Tue 02-Sep-08 12:26:34

oooh damnit it - i used to know this and now can't remember ... will rack my mind but seem to be thinking a bit of jam?

charchargabor Tue 02-Sep-08 12:29:16

Oooh yes jam would work wouldn't it? I was thinking icing made from icing sugar but think that would be a bit runny. Jam is a much better idea! I'll pick some up when I go out in a bit. Thankyou!

stillstanding Tue 02-Sep-08 12:32:17

To be honest I've only done a bit of this and I usually found that it was all a bit sticky in any case so not difficult to just attach. Thinking icing would would be perfect if you made it a bit thicker then normal. Good luck!

ManxMum Tue 02-Sep-08 12:38:41

just slightly dampen down the bit where u want to stick the item an press it gently in and wait ofr it to dry.

ManxMum Tue 02-Sep-08 12:41:41

and don't use Whitworths ready roll, but from a xake dec shop is you can. Whitworths cracks like hell!

And roll out on a dusting of cornflour, nor icing sugar if you need to then smooth with your hand, like caressing a babies bum!!

charchargabor Tue 02-Sep-08 12:43:08

Thankyou! Hope it all goes well, I made a cake for DD's birthday last month and DSD is desperate for her own! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now