Talk

Advanced search

anyone else 'munch' crap when they're bored?

(3 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 13:23:48

or is it just me?

My oh is at footy til about 3pm, lo has abandoned me and the teddy bears picnic i was quite enjoying in favour of a snooze upstairs and is snoring very loudly & all I seem to have done since she went up is eat!!

So far I've had a couple of biccys, 2 slices of cheese on toast, a bag of crisps, a chocolate bun, picked bits of carrott out of bag in fridge, debated whether to have one of lo's fromage frais! And the worst thing is, that's in the space of about an hour and a half!! shock

ellideb Sun 31-Aug-08 13:27:25

Oh yes! Why don't you chop yourself up a HUGE bowl of different fruits and munch through that instead? Or even some veggie sticks and a yogurty dip. At least then you are munching on healthy things and won't put on weight. It's boredom and comfort mostly so get on MN/take up knitting/paint your nails or another hobbie because the devil makes work for idle thumbs!

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 13:34:53

lmao@take up knitting! i debated it ages ago! don't have the patience though. I have cleaned the entire downstairs of my likkle house as well and the bathroom and hung a load of washing in between all that munching.

I just seem to be aimlessly wandering with not a lot to do and it seems very quiet on mn this afternoon.

I would paint my nails (I remember the days when I had beautifully manicured & perfectly painted nails well) but there's no point because they only get chipped over the course of a day while I potter.

Fruits sound a good thing to go for next, just to balance all the crap I've eaten already. Off to see what there is in my kitchen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now