Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mothers day

(11 Posts)
Chocolatechick Sat 19-Feb-05 22:24:05

Well dh has manage to do it again! He has invited our two teenage daughters, and both his mother and father and my mother and father for mothers day. It looks like im cooking for eight! I need a VERY simple and easy recipe that won't be too much hassle seeing as it is mothers day for the main course. Please help me!

sallystrawberry Sat 19-Feb-05 22:24:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chocolatechick Sat 19-Feb-05 22:26:51

We can't afford to go out and now they are all coming so please help! i love them all so im not turning them away!

marthamoo Sat 19-Feb-05 22:28:04

He did the inviting. It's Mother's Day. I'd be haing a big lie-in and breakfast in bed and he'd be doing the cooking! Either that or he'd be footing the bill for lunch out in the pub. It's a no brainer, Chocolatechick

marthamoo Sat 19-Feb-05 22:28:34

OK, you can't go out then. Your dh can still do the cooking!

WideWebWitch Sat 19-Feb-05 22:30:41

Totally agree with marthamoo. You can say 'oh that's so kind of you especially since it's mothers day and I won't be cooking. What are you going to give them to eat?'

Chocolatechick Sat 19-Feb-05 22:33:46

he can't cook! my daughter's have offered but then it would have to be VERY VERY simple!! They havnen't had the best coach! Recipes for teenagers to cook?

WideWebWitch Sat 19-Feb-05 22:37:10

OK then, I'd say do a cold cooked chicken (cooked the day before, just cut and put on the table), a couple of salads, maybe a green one and a tomato one, a of different cheeses, some lovely bread, hummus, pickles, garlic bread (anyone can stick that in the oven) and that's it. Anyone can stick that lot on a table surely? It's a bit summery but so what? Low effort and everyone can help themselves.

vict17 Sat 19-Feb-05 22:39:21

teenageers could cook pasta with a ragu sauce and grated cheese on top. Just serve lots of wine, crisps, nuts and cheery happy smiles and no one will mind what you eat

marthamoo Sat 19-Feb-05 22:49:39

www's idea sounds yummy to me - that's my sort of meal! M&S cooked chickens are delicious and then you wouldn't even need to cook it yourself. Oh and get a cake - Tesco have Finest Toffee Pecan Roulades (in the freezer bit) reduced from £3.99 to £1.99 atm and they are absolutely gorgeous.

Casmie Sun 20-Feb-05 10:58:50

OOO yes agree. Go down to M&S - I think you can even order platters of things if you want to go more fancy than the stuff they have on the shelves, can't you?

Cold buffet type thing and put dh in charge of putting it all out. Oh, and make sure he grovels. A lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now