Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for Mince please.........

(11 Posts)
lottiejenkins Sun 31-Aug-08 09:11:05

Ive done all the usual things in the holiday, cottage pie, moussaka, lasagne meatballs burgers, spag bol.... any other ideas..? In case you think we have mince all the time we dont lol... just handy to keep in the fridge!!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 31-Aug-08 09:12:21

tacos?
chilli?
mincemeat roast.

belgo Sun 31-Aug-08 09:12:36

I like chopped leek and mince as a sauce for pasta, with or without cheese.

RubySlippers Sun 31-Aug-08 09:13:16

tacos

SammyK Sun 31-Aug-08 09:15:16

Pasties?

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 31-Aug-08 09:16:42

Mince and onions, with yorkshire pudding is a favourite here:

Fry chopped onion and sliced carrots, and when soft, add mince and stir till all pink has gone. Sprinkle in an Oxo cube and season with salt, black pepper worcestershire sauce and any herbs you like/have to hand.

Pour in water until the meat and veg are covered, then turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

After this time, remove the lid and cook until the liquid has reduced right down.

Taste and check seasoning.

It's really straightfoward but very tasty.

Instead of Yorkshire pudding you could serve it with mash.

Onions <softened in pan>
Bung in mince and brown
Add 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
Add 1 teaspoon of all spice
Tin of tomatoes

simmer for 15 mins
Warm pitta breads in oven

Stuff pitta breads with mince, sour cream or natural yoghurt and diced cucumber.

DELICIOUS!

Cappuccino Sun 31-Aug-08 09:18:29

kheema is nice

I use this one which is quite low fat but I think there was a recipe on here a couple of days ago which looked much nicer and had coconut milk in

however dh hates anything with coconut milk in

Oh yes, that kheema recipe reminds me you can add chopped coriander to the end of mine too...also v. nice.

stirlingmum Sun 31-Aug-08 11:30:58

this is the one I posted recently.

I used the pataks tikka massala paste and it was lovely - just tone it down for dc or add more for the more adventurous!

It was a really quick recipe too smile

lottiejenkins Sun 31-Aug-08 19:41:48

Thanks these all look delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now