Talk

Advanced search

Good breadmaker for big loaves?

(3 Posts)
Smithagain Sat 30-Aug-08 14:25:36

Am thinking about replacing our breadmaker. It still works, but the loaves are pretty small (450g flour) and now that the kids are growing (still only 3 and 6, mind you!), we eat a whole loaf at a sitting.

Is there such a thing as a breadmaker that makes a decent, family-sized loaf?

Madlentileater Sat 30-Aug-08 15:15:24

we have the pansonic, can't remember the number butthe most expensive (reccommended on here sometime ago) it does make a very large loaf (550g flour), drwaback is taht it's a tall loaf- last machine made long loaves, had 2 paddles, but conked out after a few years. I'm told the panasonic lasts well.

Lilymaid Sat 30-Aug-08 15:35:03

There was a larger model available a few years ago, but I haven't been able to trace it now. It made a conventionally shaped long loaf rather than the tall ones you would get if you made a large loaf in a Panasonic. A machine making a longer loaf would use up quite a lot more kitchen top space. If it isn't available I would recommend a Panasonic and be prepared to use it twice a day if necessary - Panasonic makes very good bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now