Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed for fussy eater

(6 Posts)
naturelover Fri 29-Aug-08 13:42:27

The person in question does not like: beef, any cooked vegetables, sweet things, spicy food and certain types of fish. She is on low GI diet so won't eat rice or pasta. She tends to eat meat + salad in the evenings.

She is coming to stay for almost a week. I'm a pretty good cook but most of the things we normally eat are too spicy or too high GI or contain vegetables. In fact, we can't afford to eat meat every day - we eat meat about twice a week and the other days we eat something veggie (egg-based or pulse-based).

I need to check if she'll eat things in tomato sauce and if she likes nuts and mustard. Will also check if she likes eggs.

The ideas I have so far come up with:
grilled chicken breasts or lamb chops, with salad
chicken pilau (Nigella's saffron one) with salad)
mustard pork chops with salad

I'm going to be sick of salad by the end of the week. I will have to serve potatoes for us alongside because I'm breastfeeding and DH is sporty, so salad will just not be enough!

Iklboo Fri 29-Aug-08 13:43:46

Tell her to cook for herself if she's so farking fussy! wink

naturelover Fri 29-Aug-08 13:45:02

My thoughts exactly except it's my MIL and we only see her once a year (she's overseas). And to be fair when we visit her she cooks us things we like but that she doesn't... so it seems like a good political move to make stuff she'll enjoy.

watsthestory Fri 29-Aug-08 13:46:40

Message withdrawn

Iklboo Fri 29-Aug-08 13:52:11

Oh if it's MIL then definitely make her cook her own wink

No, really - why not ask her to show you some of her favourite recipes? That way she'll think you're interested and you can add to your repertoire (sp)

Tapster Fri 29-Aug-08 17:24:38

think she should contribute finacially if you have to buy meat each night - especially at the moment, lots of pork/gammon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now