Talk

Advanced search

what are you giving your dcs for tea. i am stumped. need some inspiration.

(8 Posts)
nowwearefour Thu 28-Aug-08 16:44:03

they have aready had a main meal today but didnt eat it too well so kind of want something with some protein in it ifposs....

thebecster Thu 28-Aug-08 16:46:22

Erm... Truthfully, DS will be getting a peanut butter sandwich blush And some fruit and a yoghurt. He had a main meal at lunch. (Well, it does have protein in it...)

Welsh rarebit? Pasta tuna bake? Will watch thread myself as should probably try a bit harder at teatime on work days...

saltire Thu 28-Aug-08 16:49:55

well mine are having sausages and chips. If I get the chance to cook them, what with them coming in and out constantly

nowwearefour Thu 28-Aug-08 17:01:09

Yes thanks welsh rarebit is an idea. mine had sausages and chips 3 times last week for one reason or another (v unusual might i add!) so prob sohuldnt give it for anoyher week or so. but v nice!

boogeek Thu 28-Aug-08 17:02:50

We are having "basmati rice" - rice cooked with turmeric and cumin then mixed in with peas, prawns, sliced almonds, sultanas, onion, maybe some chickpeas and anything else I find in the cupboard. V quick as we are just in, and they hoover it.

RhinestoneCowgirl Thu 28-Aug-08 17:05:09

If DS has had cooked lunch I tend to give him a sarnie for tea - is that terrible? I usually add some veggie sticks to make myself feel better about a balanced meal.

He is 2 btw

Majeika Thu 28-Aug-08 17:05:49

Eggy bread and salad

Beans on toast

Pancakes with cheese and ham

Egg and soldiers

nowwearefour Thu 28-Aug-08 17:12:02

brilliant ideas in here. thanks so much. they are 1 and 3. all ideas v suitable. thankuou.i usually do give sarnies but want to vary it sometimes esp if they didnt eat wel at lunchtime coz i tried to give them something new (only quiche and baked potatoes!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now