Talk

Advanced search

Anybody got a QUICK vegeburger recipe? Need it now!

(15 Posts)
franch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:18:18

Annabel Karmel's veg rissoles, as ever, use every pan in the kitchen. Anybody got anything quicker? Doing an online order now!

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:38:28

Am I too late? Chickpea burgers were made on You are what you eat, iirc, ingredients were chickpeas, garlic, onions, egg, breadcrumbs and herbs. That lot in a blender and fried should be nice anyway!

franch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:39:59

Not too late, am leaving this to the end of my order! That sounds good www, although I'm not brilliant without a recipe - will see if I can find one online .... Many thanks

kernowcat Fri 18-Feb-05 20:42:04

Spicy beanburgers - can of mixed beans or chilli beans, onion, breadcrumbs, egg. optional extras - garlic, sweet chilli sauce, herbs, cummin, coriander, grated cheese actually anything you fancy!!!!!!!
Whose it for you sound desperate????!!!!

franch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:44:55

Thanks kernowcat! Just want to get my online order done - DD only eats finger food at the mo, just wanted something for her and vegeburgers seemed a good idea ... I cried wolf, didn't I? Now you'll never come to my aid again if I ask for something urgently

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:44:55

Gillian McKeith's tofu and bean burgers

franch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:46:30

www, you star

kernowcat Fri 18-Feb-05 20:46:49

Have you tried vege nuggets? mine used to love them and still don't realise there not chicken!

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:46:54

Or 3 veggie burger recipes at the bottom of this page

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:48:11

Ignore those, just looked and there are no ingredients listed! Weird!

kernowcat Fri 18-Feb-05 20:49:00

That site looks good, I'm hungry now! Suppose to be grouting the bathroom better go before I'm discovered on MN again!!!!!

franch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:49:05

Can't get the avocado sauce link to work, can you? If so could you paste it here ....... ??? <<attempts winning smile >>

franch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:51:35

How do you do veggie nuggets, kc? (I don't need an urgent answer )

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Feb-05 20:52:40

Don't say I never do anythinh for you

Avocado cream sauce

2 very soft avocados
2 spring onions, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon of coriander powder
¼ teaspoon seaweed seasoning (or sea salt)
½ teaspoon olive oil
3 – 4 tbspn water (preferably still mineral water)

Place the water at the bottom of a blender. Add the avocados, spring onion, coriander, seasoning, olive oil and seaweed seasoning and mix until smooth and creamy.

franch Fri 18-Feb-05 21:14:24

I owe you www!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now