Talk

Advanced search

Advice on Freezing stuff

(4 Posts)
MatBackFack Wed 27-Aug-08 15:26:38

Due to massive cock up on quantities on my part I need advice on freezing the following as will never eat all before go off:

Eggs - I know cant freeze direct, thought could bake a load of cakes then freeze them?

Packet ham - ????

Grated cheese - ????

Jars of shop bought strawberry jam - can I freeze these?

Rasberries - freeze direct for later or puree first? or make into jam?

Thanks
The ham is the most pressing problem

beansmum Wed 27-Aug-08 15:32:39

cakes - yes, also muffins, scones etc. You can freeze egg out of the shell, eg egg whites when you have been cooking using only the yolk.
ham - I don't see why not
cheese - yes
jam - why? it lasts forever, also prob best not to freeze glass jars.
raspberries - freeze direct, or any way really.

lucysmam Wed 27-Aug-08 17:40:32

I would love to know how you managed that!! made me chuckle, off to double check my asda online shop now to make sure I don't end up with huge numbers of eggs!

I would have thought you could freeze ham, you seem to be able to do it with neary everything else! could you maybe sell the eggs to family/neighbours who ma y have them on their won shopping lists?

MatBackFack Wed 27-Aug-08 22:49:19

I actually did it deliberately - was doing a catering stall at a local fete and had no idea how much stuff woul dneed - now have 54, yes 54, eggs in my fridge .......

will be doing it again so can use the stuff it's just how I can keep the 9, yes 9 packets of ham etc

thanks, will freeze the lot and see

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now