Talk

Advanced search

anyone know of an "overnight"; bread recipe?

(6 Posts)
MamaChris Wed 27-Aug-08 08:13:06

I'm fairly sure I remember my mum making bread where she would start the dough the night before, leave to prove overnight, before kneading again in the morning and baking. does anyone know of a recipe like this? can it be made with dried yeast? thanks!

lucysmam Wed 27-Aug-08 08:18:23

I will watch with interest, would make life easier!

MamaChris Wed 27-Aug-08 16:58:33

well, as it seems the collective wisdom of mumsnet doesn't know this wink, I turned to google and found this link. Not sure if this is what my mum did, but will give it a try this week

lucysmam Wed 27-Aug-08 17:36:44

interesting reading MamaChris, think I may give it a go! Can't go that horribly wrong, can it? <cross fingers I don't wake up to 'blob' of bread dough taking over kitchen>

fishie Wed 27-Aug-08 17:51:36

haven't read link but you can usually leave it overnight in fridge for first rise, then carry on as usual in the morning.

MamaChris Wed 27-Aug-08 19:16:44

well maybe that's what my mum used to do, fishie. don't remember really. will try both ways and see how it goes, was thinking it would be nice to have fresh bread in time for breakfast, maybe (my mum used to get up quite early though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now