Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to a Flunch restaurant in France?

(11 Posts)
pinkbubble Tue 26-Aug-08 21:45:06

Are they any good?

Are they expensive?

Good value for money?

Thanks!

Roskva Wed 27-Aug-08 16:12:53

they're a bit like cantines - cheap and cheerful (or not, depending on the staff), so if that's what you want, then they're probably value for money.

Milliways Wed 27-Aug-08 16:15:57

We love Flunch! DD plans our routes through France with the Flunch map grin

They cook the Steaks in front of you, so very fresh & cooked as much or little as you like. The seafood was good too. You can help yourself to as much chips/veg (good variety) & sauces as you like from a buffet table.

A pitcher of lager is great value too!

We always eat at the one in Tours on our overnight stops. A Pitcher of beer is cheaper than 1 beer at the Novotel where we stay!

Milliways Wed 27-Aug-08 16:18:53

flunch website

Agree with Milliways. We too love them! Never had a bad meal yet. Pick up a starter, usually a wide range, same with dessert (or go back later) tell cashier what you want for main and pay for both. Go eat starter, then when you are ready head to grill where you hand in your ticket and they cook your main to order. Add as many veg/chips/sauce as you want. Mmmmmm. The wine is pretty good too, not to "cheap" tasting

Off to France in 3 weeks and can't wait to hit a Flunch

fatzak Wed 27-Aug-08 16:29:24

Another Flunch loving family here! DH is particularly obsessed with them and spends hours pondering over whether he could get a franchise to open one over here blush
I know the one in Tours well Milliways from my year out in France - as students we used to just pay for the unlimited veggies/chips without a main meal grin

thirtysomething Wed 27-Aug-08 16:31:10

we love 'em too though food sometimes very average

mumof2222222222222222boys Wed 27-Aug-08 16:47:22

We went to the one in Calais recently and yes it is cheap and the steaks were good and cooked in front of me....but it wasn't exactly speedy service and we had an eye on the ferry time...made it, but didn't have time for the planned shopping!!

pinkbubble Wed 27-Aug-08 20:45:28

Well we went to the one in Antibes. Girls really enjoyed it.

Will go back again.

Ah so there is one in Calais! will keep my eye open for that on the way back! Is it in Carrefour supermarket?

mumof2222222222222222boys Thu 28-Aug-08 16:22:39

It's in the huge shopping centre in Calais - I think it has Carrefour, but as it was sunday and we ran out of time, didn't get to do any shopping.

fatzak Thu 28-Aug-08 20:30:43

I think it's in the Cité Europe centre Pinkbubble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now