Talk

Advanced search

have just stumbled across veggie beef whilst online asda browsing . . .

(6 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 26-Aug-08 14:46:19

how on earth does that work then???? because it has me well baffled!! beef = from a cow, therefore meat, therefore not veggie, surely?

periwinkle Tue 26-Aug-08 14:47:43

It'll be like chicken style quorn, or mince style veggie stuff won't it?

Guadalupe Tue 26-Aug-08 14:47:58

some vegetable protein product with fake beef flavouring added, like that veggie bacon?

kando Tue 26-Aug-08 14:50:00

Haven't seen that before lucysmam, but we are veggies and use the veggie mince/chicken pieces etc. I think most of it comes from soya and mycoprotein (sp?) - not a very well educated veggie, am i? blush (I cook it in (what I assume is!) the same way as meat - fry/stew/bake depending on what i'm cooking.)

lucysmam Tue 26-Aug-08 14:53:07

aaah, thank-you. Now it makes more sense, didn't think about quorn type stuff but yeah you'll be right about it. Just had me well baffled as it didn't say on the packet (or not that I could read anyways) what it was actually made from.

BroccoliSpears Tue 26-Aug-08 16:54:09

I really don't see the point of meat substitutes. If you want beef eat a bit of cow, not a flavoured, textured protein substance made in a lab. They all seem such junk food to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now