Talk

Advanced search

Silicone muffin cases - do I grease?

(7 Posts)
Tippychick Sat 23-Aug-08 13:24:04

surely not? Any advice? I bought some from pound stretchers for £2.50 so not sure of the quality if that affects things?
Are they usually dishwasher safe?

We're ( 2yo and me) having a Bank Holiday Baking Extravaganza, if anyone has any favourite muffin recipes I'd be interested too. Anything but the infernal blueberry.

liath Sat 23-Aug-08 13:34:10

You can get away without greasing them but make sure you let them cool a bit before trying to get them out or they'll break uip. I'm a total convert to silicone!

Tippychick Sat 23-Aug-08 13:38:31

Thanks liath. I'm had a spate of all muffins and cupcakes in cases going soggy on the bottom, don't know why as I haven't changed my years old recipes so I'm hoping for good things from the silicone grin
The marketing made me laugh tough, they're selling them as "green" resuable ones. It'll take a long time and lots of reuses before they are greener than teeny paper ones!

Tippychick Sat 23-Aug-08 13:39:11

I've had
Eejit

liath Sat 23-Aug-08 14:05:37

LOL at "green" silicone!!

"Muffins - fast and fantastic" by Susan Reimer is a brilliant recipe book.

Tippychick Mon 25-Aug-08 19:21:43

They were yummy but a bit sticky on the outside and all the chicolate chips sunk to the bottoms! No probs with the trays though, I'm a convert!

Tippychick Mon 25-Aug-08 19:22:32

chocolate chips
Honestly, I'm going through such a typo phase. Maybe my fingers are fatter from all the muffins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now