Talk

Advanced search

Natural Food Colourings?

(6 Posts)
kazbeth Fri 22-Aug-08 19:00:03

Is there such a thing I could buy rather than use those little pots of e numbers?

I'm not so fussed that I'd be happy to make up my own with beetroot or whatever but thought there must surely be somewhere out there that sells it?

Thanks

lucysmam Fri 22-Aug-08 20:22:22

don't know anything about this but maybe health-food shops? just a thought, may be a complete waste of time!

kazbeth Sat 23-Aug-08 11:03:14

Thanks, I'm going to check a couple of these when I go shopping next. I would have thought there would be a market for this and surely someone does them.

TooTicky Sat 23-Aug-08 11:14:04

Langdale make them but I'm having trouble finding them online.

sillybillybee Sat 23-Aug-08 11:26:32

If you have any bigger supermarkets near you, they often stock a couple of colours. DS gets hyperactive after a lot of e numbers so I've had to buy them to make bday cakes. I've bought them in tescos and sainsburys before.

MrsMattie Sat 23-Aug-08 12:55:45

I had some lovely ones last year that iI got from Fresh & Wild in north London - came in little glass jars. They were pricey, though. Can't remember brand (useless, sorry!) but they do exist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now