Talk

Advanced search

Would you choose regular fresh milk or UHT organic?

(3 Posts)
JudyJones Fri 22-Aug-08 17:45:39

Was about to pick up some organic milk the other day and realised it is currently DOUBLE the price of the standard, probably horrible, chemical-laden fresh milk. I put it back.

But then I noticed that organic UHT milk is pretty cheap and I wondered: what would wise MNetters go for? Once upon a time I would have stayed well clear of anything heat-treated, tinned or frozen in favour of fresh, but increasingly I realise it's not that straightforward.

BTW, I'm talking about using the milk on cereal and in tea or milk

SqueakyPop Fri 22-Aug-08 18:11:16

We have ordinarry semi-skimmed. I do buy a six-pack of UHT when I am getting a delivery, to have for emergencies. I really don't like UHT in my coffee.

I don't buy organic anything.

Shitehawk Fri 22-Aug-08 18:16:25

I only ever buy organic milk; I won't touch the standard stuff, and it is one of the very few things I won't buy from cheaper ranges. I'd rather have the fresh stuff, but would go for organic UHT over standard milk.

All you can do is suck it and see ... try it, if it tastes OK. Otherwise you pays your money and you takes your choice; for me it is worth paying the extra for, whereas some things aren't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now