Talk

Advanced search

DS storing food in his mouth

(2 Posts)
Missmibaby Thu 17-Feb-05 09:56:01

This is a bit of an odd one and I just wanted to found out if anyone else has had this problem and what they did about it. My DS 22mths eats ok, variety of things, independently etc. He is very single-minded and if he doesn't feel like eating then he just won't and I have learnt to my cost that there is no such thing as forcing - just doesn't work. So I am managing to stay relaxed about the whole thing: he eats if he's hugnry and doesn't if he isn't. However he occasionally will keep some food in his mouth for ages after he has finished lunch, tea. The other day he has fish fingers which he gobbled up apart from one last mouthful which he stores in a hamster like fashion in the side of his mouth. I try to get him to spit it out but he wouldn't and eventually gagged on it about 1/2 hour later. Once I stuck my fingers in his mouth to retrieve some sausage which also caused him vomit. What should I do?

Yorkiegirl Fri 18-Feb-05 16:07:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now