(7 Posts)
chocohead Thu 21-Aug-08 08:19:33

but i have never made a cake ! blush

I do not even know the basic sponge recipe, please give me your recipes

I was thinking of doing a cat face, with no colourings if poss

Any help gratefully received
x

lucysmam Thu 21-Aug-08 09:28:04

Don't know recipe without looking it up and is a bit early for me atm but how about some of those icing pens to draw a cats face on the cake? or get some ready rolled icing in white, an icing pen in black, make a basic choc sponge, cut shapes for ears, eyes, nose and tongue in white & draw on details like whiskers/eyeballs with the black icing pen.

hope that's of some use to you, i will look up sponge recipe when ive woken up a bit if no-one else posts before me smile

BiancaCastafiore Thu 21-Aug-08 09:31:28

basic sponge

6oz flour
6oz butter
6oz sugar
3 eggs

I just bung it all in a bowl and mix with an elec whisk, pour into cake tins and cook at gas mark 6 for about 20mins

lucysmam Thu 21-Aug-08 10:02:46

oooh, you could even do a tiny bit of pink icing for the insides of the ears, the nose and tongue. i know you said no colours, just a thought

lovecat Thu 21-Aug-08 18:07:30

If you don't want to do colouring, do the cut up choc sponge to make the shape of the cat, slather it all with choc buttercream (double amount of icing sugar to butter and enough cocoa to turn it brown) to glue it together (rough it up with a swirly fork to get a furry effect) and do the features in white buttercream or glace icing.

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 18:14:46

add a couple of teaspoons of baking powder and 4tbs milk (makes it lovely and light) grin

lucysmam Thu 21-Aug-08 20:31:59

oooh lovecat, choc buttercream = yummy yummy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now