Talk

Advanced search

Lamb Tagine a bit flat... what do I add to it to pep it up a bit....QUICK!!!

(19 Posts)
mrspink27 Wed 20-Aug-08 15:38:49

Lamb Tagine a bit flat... what do I add to it to pep it up a bit....QUICK!!! Thats it really ... guests arriving any minute and its well ok... but it needs something.... any ideas?

Lubyloo Wed 20-Aug-08 15:40:41

Harissa paste? Olives?

Swedes Wed 20-Aug-08 15:40:46

Four cloves of crushed garlic and three long orange zest pieces (peel without getting too much of the pith) and a big handful of freash parsley.

ELR Wed 20-Aug-08 15:41:27

flat in what way? more spices, salt make sure you use chicken veg stock to do cous cous if having it

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 15:41:42

chilli or olives or small amount of sundried tomatoes

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:41:48

lemons and salt

mankymummy Wed 20-Aug-08 15:42:30

lemon juice.
fresh coriander.
tinned pineapple
cumin
cayenne pepper
chopped ginger?
spring onions

moondog Wed 20-Aug-08 15:42:33

Some sultanas
Bit ofcumin
Greenery over top good.

A salad of v thnily sliced oranges, black olives and redonions v good avec.

mrspink27 Wed 20-Aug-08 15:44:57

it already has heaps of garlic, ginger cumin, coriander, cinnamon. thanks for the suggestions so far. DOnt have any harissa or oranges, have used chicken stock for cous cous... will add some fresh coriander and lemon juice....see what happens

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 15:46:15

honey

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:46:44

how about a look of utter aggression thinly veiled in courtesy that intones: " you make just ONE facial gesture, however subtle, which implies you've had better from Waitrose and I'll drown you face first in the finger bowls"

that would seem to cover all bases and always works for me.

mrspink27 Wed 20-Aug-08 15:48:01

could try that... or getting them completely sozzled before they eat Suzy!!

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 15:48:53

are ypo in a foreign country seems a weird time to be feeding guests

moondog Wed 20-Aug-08 15:49:13

Seeing as no bugger cooks thisdays, they will be hugely grateful if it tastes quite ordinary, although sure it doesn't.

Iwent to dinner at friend's house other day. Food was vile but was soexhausted and grateful to be cooked for and sit in her garden with vat glass of wine that I found it all fantastic.

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:53:43

do you know what, no bugger EVER cooks for me sad
I seriously cannot remember the last time anyone ever cooked a morsel for me.
Harsh critic, moi? How very dare yoy!

moondog Wed 20-Aug-08 16:02:00

Really Suze??
And Ialways have Aussies down as entertainers extraordinaire. All the ones i grew up surrounded by entertained constantly.

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 16:06:27

no they are all bastards

or it may be because I am a scary gobshite chef

I can't quite tell

moondog Wed 20-Aug-08 17:50:56

It must be chef thing.
Are you working now?
What kind of stuff do you cook>

mrspink27 Wed 20-Aug-08 21:27:35

Zippi... no not in a foreign country, but wanted not to worry about seasoning etc in front of guests who always congregate in kitchen. We ate at 6.30 as they had had a distance to travel and they have just left. Thanks for all your advice... I added a load more garlic, some lemon juice, heaps of black pepper and a hefty portion of coriander. All agreed it was very tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now