Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 months too young for Weetabix?

(9 Posts)
MalikaAndMungo Wed 20-Aug-08 08:56:52

Hello all
Being abroad, I sometimes forget very basic things about what is considered normal in terms of parenting! I also have an older ds and I have forgotten EVERYTHING! Is 7 months too young to give DS2 Weetabix for breakfast?
Thanks!

megcleary Wed 20-Aug-08 08:57:47

i did twas grand

norksinmywaistband Wed 20-Aug-08 08:58:03

Isn't it 6 months for wheat.
Mine had weetabix from 6 months alternated with porridge

megcleary Wed 20-Aug-08 09:01:40

and cheerios are covered with cocaine!

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 09:10:02

lol meg

Yes weetabix are fine MalikaandMungo

smile

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 09:10:47

In fact, pretty much anything is fine, just avoid salt and honey and highly processed foods (because they will be laden with salt and possible other nasties)

MalikaAndMungo Wed 20-Aug-08 09:33:56

Thanks! It's just that I thought all these commercial breakfast cereals WERE full of salt (cornflakes etc) and sugar - recent press has covered it ad nauseam
As far as I can tell, you can build houses with Weetabix instead of mortar...orrible stuff but the kids love it!

onepieceoflollipop Wed 20-Aug-08 09:36:06

I would suggest only giving 1 weetabix at first, even if your lo could eat more. It is quite high fibre which can cause some babies to have quite "interesting" nappies until they are more used to it!

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 09:44:48

Just check the ingredients lists before you buy them malikaandmungo, you'll soon know which cereals to buy and which to avoid!

and yes just give one to start with, and maybe not every single day, babies and young children shouldn't have the high fibre diets recommended to adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now