Talk

Advanced search

chocaholics - if I do this, will I get a decent, thin, dark choc sauce?

(7 Posts)
mumonthenet Wed 20-Aug-08 08:53:04

bring cream to the boil,

add a couple of bars of dark choc,

take off heat,

stir til melted and allow to cool

???

lucysmam Wed 20-Aug-08 15:47:57

don't know but can i share please smile

SquiffyHock Wed 20-Aug-08 15:49:06

You can just melt choc with a little water but the cream sounds lovely!!!

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:52:16

please dont add chocolate to hot liquid

it will all go tits up

you need to melt the chocolate over water, like a double boiler or a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water being careful not to get any water in the chocolate and then add the cream to it once melted stirring constantly.

good chocolate is a highly fragile and sensitive beast.

mumonthenet Wed 20-Aug-08 21:36:26

but suzy, the recipe for choc pots (which I think I got off here!) has me bringing cream to boil and then melting the choc into it - after taking it off the heat! Will try to find the recipe to show you. The choc pots were fab! That's why I thought I could make a choc sauce that way. Will try your way too.

I want a choc sauce that won't solidify when it cools. What do you reckon?

Thanks all.

suzywong Thu 21-Aug-08 00:58:46

<frowns in a cheffly way but concedes to a populist techinique>

I 'll have a think today, but I suppose it will be too late for your meal by then

let us know how you got on smile

mumonthenet Sun 24-Aug-08 17:16:51

well, I made the white choc cheesecake - it was absolutely fabuloso - as usual - everybody loves it, kids and adults alike.

Twas to take to someone's house for an informal supper in the garden. Didn't make any choc sauce at all, didn't matter. I think the sauce is an optional extra...the cheesecake is so rich anyway.

But next time, to really put the icing on the cake so to speak,grin I would like to find an thin choc sauce that can be made in advance. I have this idea that a dark choc would be good...maybe even laced with a little rum! What do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now