Talk

Advanced search

what's the most people you've ever cooked for?

(6 Posts)
hatwoman Mon 18-Aug-08 21:47:36

just wondering...how many people is it possible to cook dinner for whilst remaining sane and preferably enjoying yourself? I know someone who did 30-odd for a sit down 30th birthday party dinner. most I've ever done is 16, and it barely counts as I was a student and didn;t have very high standards.

vonsudenfed Mon 18-Aug-08 21:53:55

34-ish, and not even in my own kitchen - was at a holiday place in Greece. I must have been mad - I even made bread - although I did have a lot of help. And was younger and more foolish.

hatwoman Mon 18-Aug-08 21:57:29

once it gets above my 16 it makes me feel all peculiar.

Aimsmum Mon 18-Aug-08 22:00:49

Message withdrawn

PigeonPie Mon 18-Aug-08 22:01:36

60 for lunch and 30 for dinner on the same day for my Ma's 60th birthday. The lunch was a buffet (all home cooked food done in the two days before) and the dinner was a hot meal, but not 'sit down'. All cooked in my Ma's kitchen, thankfully she's got quite a large one with a lot of storage and cool areas, and a bit of help from my sister.

PigeonPie Mon 18-Aug-08 22:03:17

It's actually quite easy provided you've got enough big pots and space to cook it all. For the hot stuff I did a sort of casserole thing which went in two large dishes in the ovens (top and bottom) and then vast quantites of rice which could be cooked on the stove. Then cold puddings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now