Talk

Advanced search

your yogurt recomendations please.....

(17 Posts)
mumblecrumble Mon 18-Aug-08 18:08:16

I spend ages every week at supermarket trying to find a higher fat yogurt thats not full of crappy stabalisers and stuff but that's not mega expensive with ramdom branded characters on them.

DD loooooves yogurt.

WOndered who could reccomend and I thought of you.....

What yogurt do you buy and why?

Overmydeadbody Mon 18-Aug-08 18:13:52

For the flavoured stuff, I get the tesco french set yoghurt, as it is full fat.

But mostly I ujst buy full fat greek yoghurt (we have a local shop that does big pots of it from Turkey) and then flavour it with honey or pureed stewed fruit or just a blob of jam.

Overmydeadbody Mon 18-Aug-08 18:17:53

The tesco smooth set wholemilk yogurt has these added ingredients:

Added ingredients : Sugar, Flavouring, Colour.Details of colours for each flavour :Strawberry (Beetroot Red), Raspberry (Anthocyanins), Black cherry (Beetroot Red, Anthocyanins), Lemon (Curcumin), Apricot (Annatto), Vanilla (No colour).

So, overall, as an occasional thing as part of a balanced diet they aren't bad although they don't exactly contain much fruit!

Overmydeadbody Mon 18-Aug-08 22:44:14

hmm

So nice when OPs thank you for replying and trying to help them.

donnie Mon 18-Aug-08 22:45:38

I was interested!

QuintessentialShadows Mon 18-Aug-08 22:47:33

Dont worry omdb, maybe the op is still lost (in thought) in the youghurt isle. wink

Overmydeadbody Mon 18-Aug-08 23:06:21

I'm glad someone was donnie!

Sorry Quint, and sorry to the OP if she genuinely was away from MN, I'm just over-sensitive today for some reason <sigh>

QuintessentialShadows Mon 18-Aug-08 23:09:07

The moon is nearly full my dear!

As I was out cycling this evening, I passed a man with some serious photography kit, photographing the moon as it was ONE centimeter above the mountain. And round as a perfect pancake!

Overmydeadbody Mon 18-Aug-08 23:15:30

Aaah, it suddenly all makes sense!grin

CountessDracula Mon 18-Aug-08 23:16:41

stapleton ones are deeeeeeeeevine
from waitrose and other places too I believe

overthehill Mon 18-Aug-08 23:31:55

We buy Rachel's or Yeo Valley organic from our local wholefood shop - not the cheapest but very wholesome and delicious, and I'm sure you could find own-brand versions in supermarkets for a bit less.

LynetteScavo Mon 18-Aug-08 23:33:08

Yeo Valley. Tastes better than the rest, and is organic.

naturelover Tue 19-Aug-08 08:56:05

Onken full-fat plain yoghurt (in the blue tub) - delicious! Though I try to "buy British" and often get Yeo Valley instead, also nice.

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 14:20:25

sorry to hijack but am even more curious after reading this . . . can you make your own yoghurt without buying a yoghurt maker? just use something you may already have instead to 'brew' it in maybe?

mumblecrumble Tue 19-Aug-08 22:48:50

ER. excuse me for having a migrain, looking after a baby, taking her to hospital after no sleep for several nights and having the audacity not to look at mumsnet.

I actually bought greek yogust today and thanked you in my head - sorry I wasn;t propt enough online for you.

maybe not bother next time?

mumblecrumble Tue 19-Aug-08 22:50:21

I have n0ow read your post where it says you may have been over sensitive etc.

I think I was above - sorry. Just work was all exciting untill shit phone call with the head and now first day back has made me cry most of this eve.

However I have high fat yogurt on its way....

mumblecrumble Tue 19-Aug-08 22:51:23

Going to sleep now as I'm too much of a cow bag....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now