Talk

Advanced search

tap water for making green/black tea?

(12 Posts)
lucylue Mon 18-Aug-08 17:49:28

hi all,
i like my tea, green tea,etc.
when i was getting bottled water and doing tea with it, actually it tasted really nice, good colour.
now, i have no means of carrying it from shops, so i am trying to use tap water, but it never tastes the same, not the same color, and it leaves a trace at the top of the tea.
some friends of mine boil the water for 10 mins and do it, which gives a clear color, better taste, but boling it in kettle for 10 mins seems not practical to me.
so how do you all do it?
thanks for your suggestions.

lucylue Mon 18-Aug-08 18:54:16

?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 18-Aug-08 18:59:15

Message withdrawn

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 18-Aug-08 19:00:20

I use ordinary tap water for green tea but boil it normally,leave for a few mins before pouring into cup...there is always a slight thing on the top of the tea though and some teas really leave marks on the cups (Puer tea esp) - have never used bottled so can't compare taste...we drink lots of the stuff though !

lucylue Mon 18-Aug-08 19:18:27

maybe something wrong with the tap water recently, i am not sure.
MaryAnnSingleton, i will try your method of waiting few mins before putting the tea in, thanks
but when i was making tea with bottled water it really made difference.

lucysmam Mon 18-Aug-08 19:36:46

lucylue, maybe a water filter would be worth looking into? smile

lucylue Mon 18-Aug-08 21:41:38

i have water filter, but how will it make difference for it i dont know.
because i dont know what it filters really

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 09:06:49

i think they filter out impurities in the water making it 'cleaner' tasting so it might not give the film on your green tea that you've had with tap water smile

lucylue Tue 19-Aug-08 21:58:59

i tried the filtered water to make tea this morning, no it wasnt the same way i wanted.
my filter is the cheapest one, maybe thats why.
but i managed to get bottled water today, made tea, oh i am enjoying my black tea now, it looks clear, and definitely tastes better, try it.

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 22:02:38

lucylue, maybe try to get someone who visits regularly to pick your bottled water up for you if they drive? The filter was just an idea, maybe it is the bottled water that makes the difference.

Do you drink a lot of different teas apart from the cuppa tea type of tea? If you do, what kinds do you drink?

am just curious as have never bothered with anything but a cuppa with a lil bit of milk

lucylue Tue 19-Aug-08 22:07:31

i drink yasmine tea, black tea generally.
when milk put in it, you cant see if its clear or not. but with black tea, you definetely see. and i dont drink very black, i add some water to it.
i usually drink teas and coffee in the morning.
i am teetotal so they are important to me.
the tea refreshes me very well.

lucylue Tue 19-Aug-08 22:09:49

during the day it depends on my mood, but coffee usually in the morning, mayb one in the afternoon.
it seems, i am always on the go with either of them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now