Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

pork chops - can I use them for a strogonoff?

(4 Posts)
BlingLovin Mon 18-Aug-08 16:06:32

I have some pork chops to cook for tomorrow, and instead of my usual grilling them I wondered if I could use them to make a pork strogonoff? Am worried that they'll be too dry though? My recipe is pretty basic - fry meat, fry mushrooms (I add onion sometimes just because I'm addicted), add mustard and creme fraiche and eat with rice? If I slice them quite thinly and fry quickly, will it be okay?

YumeeMumee Mon 18-Aug-08 16:19:40

I would say so....my recipe is pretty basic too...fry meat, fry mushrooms (also add onion too if I have it!) add beef stock and a little white wine vinegar and bring to boil then simmer for 5 mins....stir in sour cream or creme fraiche and cook gently so that it doesn't curdle....eat with rice smile Perhaps add some stock if you think it might get a bit dry?

BlingLovin Mon 18-Aug-08 16:31:09

I can never make the decision on stock/wine/vinegar. I get frozen by indecision! I think it's doable though - if I cook it quickly, and don't do too much simmering, it can't possibly overcook?

YumeeMumee Mon 18-Aug-08 17:37:07

nah...don't think so...if anything it should just make the meat quite tender?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now