Talk

Advanced search

In my fridge I have chicken, cauliflower, red cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, okra, peppers and spinach.

(6 Posts)
Mumooms Mon 18-Aug-08 15:53:26

Can anyone give me ideas on what I can rustle up for dinner tonight? I was hoping to do chicken casserole or soup but the thought of all that lot put together doesnt make me go "mmmm" hmm

I will do chicken casserole for DD though, with chicken, carrots, peas and new potatoes. We're not allowed any due to our low-carb diet, so no carbs needed in response to the above plea for help grin

collision Mon 18-Aug-08 15:57:33

I would do panfried chicken on sauteed spinach, with cauliflower cheese and roasted peppers.

Mumooms Mon 18-Aug-08 16:04:21

That sounds good collision, how could I make the chicken more flavoursome? We like our food on the spicy side usually so I'm not sure how well plain chicken might go down with Dh grin

Cauliflower cheese suggestion is good, we make a low carb version by steaming it then just grating cheese over the top and bunging it under the grill.

collision Mon 18-Aug-08 16:16:27

I would roast the chicken with the peppers and maybe some tomatoes for about 4o mins. Add some garlic and paprika. The juices of the chicken and tomatoes and peppers will run together.

I buy half fat creme fraiche each week and add it to the juices from the pan.

Can do the same with fish too. Yummy!

tomorrow you could do braised red cabbage.

and the next day stewed tomatoes and okra

Mumooms Mon 18-Aug-08 16:26:25

Ooh that sounds nice!

I have 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, no creme fraiche but will double cream work? Or would cream cheese (philly) be better..?

Also, the chicken is legs and thighs not breast if that makes a difference?

collision Mon 18-Aug-08 19:09:10

Try it! should be ok!

Maybe a mixture of dbl cream and philly would be nice.

Half fat creme fraiche is brilliant to have in the fridge though. Less fat and so versatile. DH has it on crumble, we make it into sauces and the chicken dish is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now