Talk

Advanced search

DD ate a bit of orange today....................

(5 Posts)
Mirage Tue 15-Feb-05 19:55:07

I know,its hardly world shattering news.But 17 month old dd has refused any fruit apart from grapes for the past 8 months or so.She has NEVER allowed orange of any description to pass her lips,& despite me giving her every fruit in existence since she has been weaned,especially to avoid this scenario,it has been grapes or nothing.

Today she pointed at the orange I was eating & I gave her a bit,expecting her to throw it away in disgust as usual,BUT SHE ATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nOW all I need to do is persuade her that apples & bananas are not the produce of Beelzebub.

HunkerMunker Tue 15-Feb-05 19:56:46

Hurrah! Can you call them 'something' grapes (DH was tricked into eating sweetcorn when his mum called it 'yellow peas'...!)?

Potty1 Tue 15-Feb-05 19:57:37

Mirage - congratulations, perhaps you could wave your magic wand over my dd - she's 11 and has never eaten any fruit other than the odd piece of apple. It drives me insane because I love fruit and she simply refuses.

Lucycat Tue 15-Feb-05 19:57:48

Have you tried banana milkshakes, my 2dd's love them, especially when I let dd2 use a straw ( I hold the cup tho')she's 21mths!

Well done on the orange though!

marthamoo Tue 15-Feb-05 20:02:39

I have a non-fruit eater too. Ds1 (8 in March) will not eat any fruit (not even in a pudding eg., apple pie, or a fruit cheesecake) This despite him having and enjoying every kind of fruit as a baby and toddler.

It is quite limiting, especially with regard to puddings - ds2 will always have fruit, and I would love for us to eat fruit-based puddings. Ds1 is not fussy in any other way - it's just fruit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now