Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

chicken casserole ideas please????

(9 Posts)
Nickinha Tue 15-Feb-05 16:44:01

Want to make a chicken casserole tonight but kids dont eat mushrooms and dh does not eat cream.... what do i do with this chopped up chicken??? please somebody save me....

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 16:46:47

Here's what I do with cooked chicken and the children love it:

Chicken Pie

Melt butter and add a chicken stock cube. Stir until it is dissolved. Add about a tbsp flour and stir to a paste. Next add about a pint of milk and make a smooth sauce. Add the cooked chicken, some frozen peas and frozen corn. Heat through.

Make a pastry lid, or mashed potato topping and cook in the oven for half and hour or so.

Lonelymum Tue 15-Feb-05 16:47:45

Can you concoct something with chicken, onions, maybe a green pepper, carrots, herbs mixed with chicken stock and bunged in the over for an hour or so?

Lonelymum Tue 15-Feb-05 16:48:31

Serve with rice. On the other hand, follow Ameriscots suggestion as it sounds much nicer than mine!

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 16:50:26

Now that you mention peppers, Lonelymum, my emergency dish when I have uncooked chicken an little inspiration is a sort of Spanish chicken.

Onions, pepper, chicken - sauté. Add a tin or tomatoes or two and heat through until chicken is cooked. Serve over rice.

Nickinha Tue 15-Feb-05 16:51:42

Lonelymum - how do I make your suggestion? Milk and butter forms a "Cream" which my dh wont eat - thanks though ameriscot, will make that when i am alone with kids... sounds lovely.

Twiglett Tue 15-Feb-05 17:15:07

use a tin of tomatoes instead of the milk in ameriscot's recipe?

Nickinha Tue 15-Feb-05 17:25:56

sounds good Twiglet - thanks

oceanmama Sat 19-Feb-05 14:56:26

Just a quick note to say I tried the chicken pie last night, and it was DELICIOUS . Will definitely be using that recipe again - thanks for sharing it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now