Talk

Advanced search

chicken casserole ideas please????

(9 Posts)
Nickinha Tue 15-Feb-05 16:44:01

Want to make a chicken casserole tonight but kids dont eat mushrooms and dh does not eat cream.... what do i do with this chopped up chicken??? please somebody save me....

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 16:46:47

Here's what I do with cooked chicken and the children love it:

Chicken Pie

Melt butter and add a chicken stock cube. Stir until it is dissolved. Add about a tbsp flour and stir to a paste. Next add about a pint of milk and make a smooth sauce. Add the cooked chicken, some frozen peas and frozen corn. Heat through.

Make a pastry lid, or mashed potato topping and cook in the oven for half and hour or so.

Lonelymum Tue 15-Feb-05 16:47:45

Can you concoct something with chicken, onions, maybe a green pepper, carrots, herbs mixed with chicken stock and bunged in the over for an hour or so?

Lonelymum Tue 15-Feb-05 16:48:31

Serve with rice. On the other hand, follow Ameriscots suggestion as it sounds much nicer than mine!

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 16:50:26

Now that you mention peppers, Lonelymum, my emergency dish when I have uncooked chicken an little inspiration is a sort of Spanish chicken.

Onions, pepper, chicken - sauté. Add a tin or tomatoes or two and heat through until chicken is cooked. Serve over rice.

Nickinha Tue 15-Feb-05 16:51:42

Lonelymum - how do I make your suggestion? Milk and butter forms a "Cream" which my dh wont eat - thanks though ameriscot, will make that when i am alone with kids... sounds lovely.

Twiglett Tue 15-Feb-05 17:15:07

use a tin of tomatoes instead of the milk in ameriscot's recipe?

Nickinha Tue 15-Feb-05 17:25:56

sounds good Twiglet - thanks

oceanmama Sat 19-Feb-05 14:56:26

Just a quick note to say I tried the chicken pie last night, and it was DELICIOUS . Will definitely be using that recipe again - thanks for sharing it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: