Talk

Advanced search

Have digestives, chocolate, double cream.....

(15 Posts)
hercules Tue 15-Feb-05 16:28:01

Okay, i have all of those plus usual butter, flours, sugars etc. What tasty desert can I make?

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 16:29:24

Are you willing to use raw eggs? THen you could make a chocolate mousse based pud.

Hausfrau Tue 15-Feb-05 16:33:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hercules Tue 15-Feb-05 16:37:17

I can use raw eggs, fine. COme on then, what do I do?

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 16:42:20

You need 2oz chocolate per egg. 2 eggs is a pretty normal batch size.

Melt the chocolate. Separate the eggs, and whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.

Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate and stir well to get a smooth mixture.

With a metal spoon, add one spoonful of eggwhite and mix well, then fold in the rest of the eggwhite, being careful not to collapse the precious bubbles.

Put into whatever you are going to serve it from (big bowl, biscuit crust, individual glasses) and chill for 2 hours.

Serve with whipped cream.

SoupDragon Thu 17-Feb-05 17:00:06

This will be too late but... mix crumbed biscuits with butter and push into the bottom of ramekins or a flan dish), heat the cream, stir in broken up chocolate until melted, add a dash of milk and beat til glossy and pour onto biscuit base. Leave to set. Lick saucepan clean.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 17-Feb-05 17:04:34

OMG that recipe is yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!

I'm going to do that tonight when dd has gone to bed!

Cadbury Thu 17-Feb-05 17:07:59

Soupy, you're my idol .

Will you marry me?

SoupDragon Thu 17-Feb-05 17:15:33

It's basically a simplified version of Jamie Oliver's "simple chocolate Tart" (I can find the proper recipe/quanitites if you like). I used to make it with a proper pastry case, then got lazy and made it with a biscuit crumb base and now I forget the base and pour it into little pots instead. Next I'll be eating it straight from the saucepan. It works well with marscapone cheese too.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 17-Feb-05 17:22:42

So it's ok to use raw eggs in that recipe and eat it!!!!!

SoupDragon Thu 17-Feb-05 17:23:31

Mine doesn't have raw eggs but they're fine provided you're not ill, infirm or pregnant.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 17-Feb-05 17:48:43

I don't have any cream though, am a bit wary of using raw eggs and eating them! How silly am I?!

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 17-Feb-05 18:41:05

Have just made it!

SoupDragon Thu 17-Feb-05 18:41:37

popped out for some cream then?

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 17-Feb-05 18:48:32

No I found some in the cupboard and has worked really well. Tastes yummy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now