Talk

Advanced search

Blaeberry/Raspberry Gin?

(18 Posts)
deedledum Sun 17-Aug-08 14:44:58

Am thinking of making some flavoured gin for Xmas presents, right now I have blaeberries and raspberries in the hedgerows, has anyone ever made flavoured gin with them or have any idea if this will work??

Be grateful for any advice!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 17-Aug-08 14:51:08

some recipes here

HTH

Bronze Sun 17-Aug-08 14:52:36

Is till have some blacberry vodka int he cupboard from last year. To be honest I'm surprised its lasted this long.

Bronze Sun 17-Aug-08 14:52:51

I would retype but can't be bothered

deedledum Sun 17-Aug-08 15:04:38

yes, brilliant, thank you v much BALD

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 17-Aug-08 15:12:07

I am the Queen of Sloe gin

You are v welcome

grin

halogen Sun 17-Aug-08 17:27:25

I made raspberry vodka one year and it was fabulous. I bet raspberry gin would be just as good.

2loudboys Sun 17-Aug-08 19:35:53

Raspberry gin = nectar of the gods.

Also, blackcurrant gin = grown-up Ribena, only muuuuuuuuch muuuuuuuuch better grin.

stirlingmum Sun 17-Aug-08 19:49:51

I love Sloe Gin - hadn't thought of raspberry gin/vodka but want to give it a go now - sounds great!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 17-Aug-08 20:02:19

I made cranberry vodka too last year - yum yum yum

Am planning on starting a batch of christmas pudding vodka v soon, before I get going on picking sloes next month.

halogen Sun 17-Aug-08 21:17:43

Blueberry vodka also works really well and they're half price in Sainsburys at the moment.

dandycandyjellybean Sun 17-Aug-08 21:34:07

made some limoncello from a good food magazine recipe (online) v v delish. am currently steeping some cherries in vodka to make a cherry liquer and also making some blackberry vinegar. Just do a search for 'home made licquores' bloody hell can't spell that word at all, but you know what I mean! If you can spell it, it comes up with loads of brill recipes, can even make your own tia maria and baileys and all manner of lovelyness!!! hth

halogen Sun 17-Aug-08 23:06:48

I'd love the limoncello recipe if you know where to find it, hairy.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 17-Aug-08 23:09:13

Oooh yes please

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 17-Aug-08 23:38:00

Ahem

dandycandyjellybean Mon 18-Aug-08 07:58:40

5 unwaxed lemons
1l bottle vodka
750g caster sugar
700ml boiling water

Pare the zest from all the lemons, taking care not to include any white pith. Put the zest in a large clean jar and pour over the vodka. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and leave for a week, shaking the jar each day.
Put the sugar in a heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add the vodka and peels and leave for a further week, shaking the jar regularly.
Strain into decorative bottles, adding a few strips of lemon zest to each bottle.

I used 1/2 quantities and it makes about 70cl so fits in to an empty wine/gin bottle, not that we mnetters have any of those lying around!!!!!!!!!!!

halogen Mon 18-Aug-08 10:21:39

Thanks very much.

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 18-Aug-08 13:59:51

Oooh fab

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now